Tom Capalbo with his 1974 Norton 850 Commando
Model: 850 Commando
Country of Origin: England
Engine: 850cc Twin
Transmission: 4 speed
Owner: Tom Capalbo
City: Villa Park
Congratulations to Tom Capalbo of Villa Park for winning Bike of the Month with his 1974 Norton 850 Commando.
They won a Mr. Pete's Grill gift certificate provided by Mr. Pete's Grill.
Tom originally bought this Colorado Norton Works Limited edition Caf� bike back in 2014 as a gift
for his brother. It's number 10 in a series of 13 from cNw. His brother owned the bike
for a year and decided that he wanted to sell it. Tom bought it back to keep it in the family.
The bike is basically fully custom from the ground up. According the the Build sheet:
- Frame: Custom chromoly tig welded oil in backbone by Jeff Cole
- Swingarm: Custom by Jeff Cole
- Bodywork: Custom alloy by Evan Wilcox
- Seat: Custom by Don Clancy
- Drivetrain: 858cc Commando, Fullauto ported head, modified JE pistons, plus more...
- Fuel: Keihin dual 35mm pumper carburetor kit. Custom billet intake manifold
- Clutch: Comstock Engineering hydraulic with Brembo master cylinder
Thanks Tom for bringing it to our meet. See all the photos in our October Gallery.